Saturday 7 March 2009

HEN RESCUE CANCELLED AGAIN AAARRRGGGHHH

I've missed a few days online as i've been so drained.
The hen rescue is cancelled again. Not due to Bernard Matthews this time or DEFRA but the farmer wants to hang onto the hens a bit longer for their eggs. Poor ladies, almost free....then this!
There *should* be a different rescue on the 13th/14th March so hopefully everyone will get their ladies from that one.
It's so frustrating though especially with so many new homes lined up.

Past few days I've not done a lot. I borrowed Ruth's incubator and set 9 Pekin Bantam eggs in it. 7 of ours and 2 lavender ones of Ruth's.
I am so hoping we've done it right and they'll hatch into lots of Pekin hens :-) (prob all be cock birds that i'll have to rehome)
We got another Pekin egg yesterday but I let Mini eat it as a treat.

Photobucket

HAPPY EGGS FROM HAPPY RoSAH HENS

No comments: